Wednesday, July 23, 2014

Day 3

Today I really took the time to relish in the fact that I'm trying to nourish myself and choose the better options that will be better for my body and not for my hips.  I really want that cake but what happens when you eat it?? You feel satisfied, sure.... but for how long?? 10 minutes? Then it sets in.  That feeling. That "ugh why did I do that??" feeling.  And it makes.me.so.mad. at myself.  I don't know why I do it.  So now, I'm REALLY going to work hard on one thing and that's this.... to really focus on foods that will make me feel better on the inside, and out.


 
My goal is to keep my eyes on the bigger picture!  I can see it and I'm happy about it.  I used to be happy when I watched what I ate. I felt good, I didn't feel worn down, I wasn't tired, I felt healthy, I was at PEACE with myself. 
 


 


I absolutely LOVE being at home with my little girl but I do miss the days that I was just too busy to eat or even think about food. I remember going to the gym early, going home, getting dressed and going to work.  Then to my other job.  I wouldn't really even think about eating and when I did, while I don't agree with all my choices now that I'm older and wiser, they weren't nearly as scary as they are now.




 
 
 
 
So last night I was REALLY happy to have one of the healthiest things I could get my hands on and that was a huge piece of salmon.  I topped it with a McCormick spice called "Molasses Bacon." I've NEVER had a better piece of salmon than when I top it with this.  Not at a restaurant, not at home. NO where. I highly recommend it! I also had a sweet potato with some cinnamon on top!!
 
 

This morning I had a nice run at a nearby beach, different from the one I went to for the past two days.  I liked it a LOT better and we had a great run!!
 
 
 
 
 

 
Now I'm at home and I just ordered some GREAT roasted veggies, a piece of Cod and some bruchetta chicken for the husband and I to share. :) 











1 comment:

  1. Awesome post! You food looks delicious!

    ReplyDelete